You know, not many parents approve of their daughters having a boyfriend.
And so I'm lucky to not have anything drastic happening to us at the moment.
I should be glad about that.
Even though, some are luckier - (in that they are allowed to have a boyfriend at this age), I surely should not go cry in my imaginery little corner, moping about how unfair it is that, that can't be me either.
Still, I can't say that I'm not envious of those who are allowed.
I don't like lying, definately not to my parents. But some things - you just have to sacrafice.
Do everything else right, and I won't have to feel so guilty about this?
Only God knows, and I hope he understands.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aww Em, this entry brings back memories of me back in year9/10 :) My parents were quite tight about the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing and I understand exactly where you are coming from, with the guilt behind whole going behind their back stuff. If I've learnt anythign in the last year is that, parents/grandparents are not all that bad, just need to somehow get pass the "generation gap" if you know what I mean..
Just keep in mind, that a time will come where you and parents will meet a a level of understanding of each other, acompromisation, and remember that there is ALWAYS two sides to a story. You're young and still growing! I hope it all works out! Don't let it get you down too much! Stay positive! Love, Carolyn!
Post a Comment